Frequently Asked Questions

Foreigners who intend to study in Canada need a study permit if the duration of the program they are taking is more than six months. There may not be a need to apply for a study permit if the program finishes in less than six months.

A study permit allows the holder (foreigner) to stay in Canada and study while a visa is for the purpose of entering Canada.

A study permit is usually valid for the length of a student`s program plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days interval gives room for the student to either prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.

If a student leaves Canada while studying, they may need to show proof that they are still enrolled in a school when returning back to Canada. The visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA) must still be valid when the student returns to Canada.

Express Entry is an online immigration application system. It allows people to submit a profile and be considered as skilled immigrants. Candidates with the highest rankings may be invited to apply for permanent residency.

The Express Entry pool comprises a database of candidates from the
three federal worker immigration programs: The Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class. This is where people will be selected to apply for permanent residency.

Your Express Entry profile will remain active in the pool of candidates for 12 months if you are not invited to apply. When the profile expires, you reopen a new profile

No, you may only have one profile at a time. An Invitation to Apply for
permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.

Once you have entered the Express Entry pool of applicants
you will be assigned a Comprehensive Ranking System Score. This score is out of 1200.
The first 600 points are based on your age, education, language abilities in French and/or English, work experience, Canadian work experience, your spouse’s education, your spouse’s language abilities in French or English, and your spouse’s Canadian work experience as applicable. The remaining 600 points can be obtained by either obtaining a Provincial Nomination or a qualifying job offer from a Canadian employer with a Valid Labour Market Impact Assessment. This score will dictate if and when you are issued an Invitation to Apply.

No, Certain applicants can qualify to immigrate to Canada without a job offer like those who qualify as Federal Skilled Workers and have a high Comprehensive Ranking System Score.

The decision is at the discretion of the Canadian Government. Even if you are eligible for the program you applied to, your application could still be rejected so there is no guarantee that your application will be approved.