Our Services

Work in Canada

Foreign nationals may be eligible to seek job opportunities in Canada. However, they will require a work permit if they do not have the right to work in Canada. 

There are two types of work permits: 

  1. Open work permit
  2. Employer specific work permit

Employer Specific Work Permit

An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include the name of the employer you can work for, how long you can work, the location where you can work (if applicable).

Requirements for an employer-specific work permit:

  1. Get a Job Offer: Getting a job from outside of Canada may be difficult however it is possible.
  2. Documentation: Positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or LMIA exemption.
  3. Apply for a Work Permit. For more information, kindly book a consultation

Open Work Permit

An open work permit allows an eligible foreign national to work for any employer in Canada, except for employers that may be ineligible to hire a foreign national.

The following people may be eligible to apply for an open work permit;

  1. International students who have encountered unforeseen financial severe issues and need to work for a period of time.
  2. A person who holds a TRP, and the duration of the TRP is at least six months.
  3. Spouses or common-law partners of international students or foreign workers
  4. Students who are eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit
  5. Secondary and post-secondary co-op applicants etc.

Want to work in Canada?